3.23.2011

Sketchbook ♥

Every night I take my sketch book to bed with me...it has become a bit of a "I have to do it to sleep better" kinda thing...I sketch a few pictures and they are mostly created for paintings. I really love the free sketchy feel of all of them and for a long time I wanted to bring them to life other than through paint. So, I introduced myself to the wonderful world of digital color! wow. I'm addicted, to say the least. I scan my sketches and bring them into photoshop and color away. Without further ado, let me introduce you to Anna - she's inspired by a wonderful friend of mine from my childhood, who in recent years I have been able to reconnect with. ♥ She's a lovely girl who enjoys reading such books as Jane Eyre and I think "Anna" has that "Jane Eyre" feel to her. While I was sketching her, my friend Anna kept popping up in my head...so, I respectively gave her that beautiful name - inspired by an equally beautiful person ♥

Melissa xo

"Anna"

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore her! She is so lovely! I am really, really touched and flattered. I am so blessed to have a friend like you in my life! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome! :) I am equally as blessed...there are just some people in your life that stick with you...and you're one of them! :)

    ReplyDelete